Skip to main content

What is the relationship between UK boarding schools, UK schools, AEGIS, UKVI, UK overseas students and the UK family homestay?


  • UK boarding schools are private schools in the United Kingdom that offer student boarding facilities.
  • UK schools refer to all schools in the United Kingdom, including state-run and private schools.
  • The British Council is an organization that promotes cultural relations and educational opportunities between the UK and other countries.
  • AEGIS (Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students) is a UK-based organization that provides support and guidance for international students in UK boarding schools.
  • UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) is a part of the UK Home Office responsible for issuing visas to individuals who want to come to the UK for study, work, or other purposes.
  • UK overseas students are individuals from other countries who come to the UK to study in schools or universities.
  • UK family homestay is an accommodation where international students live with a host family in their home during their stay in the UK. The vetted family provides the student with a room and meals in a secure and supportive home environment.
All these entities are related to education and support for international students in the United Kingdom. The British Council promotes educational opportunities in the UK, while AEGIS and UK family homestays provide support and guidance for international students in boarding and day schools. UKVI is responsible for issuing visas to these students. UK boarding schools and UK schools offer the educational opportunities that these students seek.